Within this course, you will find materials, quizzes, and videos focusing on:
- Place value understanding
- Partitioning of tens and units
- Finding the missing tens or units
- Completing double digit sums without bridging to ten
- Understanding the sequences of numbers
- Adding single digit sums with bridging to ten mentally
- Learning how to complete adding double digit sums with
bridging to ten mentally
- Subtracting sums with borrowing
The sessions will initially focus on using a tool called the Japanese abacus to train your child's understanding on place value and partitioning of numbers.
Children will not rely on the abacus once they are familiar with the partitioning of numbers concept. Instead, they will be taught various mental methods to solve multi-digit sums. See sample pages here.